close

btg_002.gif 

prologue 開場白

 

halt! whoa! stop right there! 停! 咳嗯! 在這裡停一停!

before you read further there's something you really should know

在看這本書之前,你得先知道幾件事

 

you may have opened this little expecting it to be filled with answers,

你打開這本書也許是期待可以看到一堆解答,

but (surprise, surpose!) 實際上這卻是本跟問題有關的書

 

this may not be what you wanted to hear

這也許不是你所樂於聽見的

 

most people dont like questions -- they like answer

大部分的人都不喜歡問題 -- 他們喜歡答案

and if they don't get easy answer straighr, their eyes immediately start to glaze over

如果沒有馬上得到簡單的答案, 他們的眼睛一下子就會呈現呆滯狀態

 

pretty soon they' re off in a lovely daydream about dancing cupcakes,

很快的, 他們便神游在美好的白日夢裡, 想著舞動的蛋糕

singing turnips,and soaking in a bathtub filled with warm vanilla custard

和餅乾, 唱著歌的甘藍菜, 泡著溫暖的香草浴

 

so,and this is important, if you feel like saying,

所以,這可是很重要的, 如果你想說

"questions?pfffffffff. who needs them?"

" 問題? 呼噗噗噗噗噗噗噗! 誰需要啊? "

 

then this is your last chance to throw this book away and wander off to watch reruns of gillian's island.

那這就是你丟掉這本書, 晃回去看" 吉莉剛島 "電視影集重播的最後機會了

i repeat, this is your last chance

我再重複, 這是你最後的機會

 

The Meating Of Life 你今天快樂嗎?

 

no matter how you look at it, life is strange

不管你怎麼看, 生命就是如此奇妙

 

very strange

非常奇妙

 

for example, it's an indisputable face that we are all made of the precise same substance as the most intelligent ,

creative, magnificent life- forms in the entire universe

比方說,有個不爭的事實, 我們全部都被精確的創造成一樣的物質, 是全宇宙最聰明,最有創造力, 最棒的生命個體

 

furthermore,we are composed of the exact same atomic

matter as the mightiest mountains on this planet abd the brightest starts in the galaxy

更進一步來說, 我們是由相同精確的原子所組成的,就如同這個星球最偉大的山脈和銀河系裡最閃亮的星星

 

of course, this is also true for potatoes, snails, and meatloaf --

當然, 馬鈴薯 ,鍋牛和肉塊也是這樣被創造出來的--

perhaps that's so much about life that doesn't make a greast of sense

或許這就是為什麼那麼多跟生命有關的事,根本就一點兒道理也沒有

 

for starters, why are we so overly impressed by

首先,為何我們總是如此過度在意

and obsessed with objects and achievements of immense scale

沉醉於物質本身以及它所能達到的境界

 

when it is actually the tiny little things that ,

它其實非常渺小

when put together , make big thing possible?

只是結合在一塊兒時, 可能會承舊一番大事

 

why we do try to create our own little worlds

為什麼我們總試著去創造屬於自己的小世界

so we have the illusion of beling completely in control of our entire existence

幻想能完全操控自我的生死

 

when we know with absoute certainty that we are not ?

尤其是我們清楚地知道這根本就不可能?

 

why do we go on and on about individuality the very essence of who we are

為什麼不停地去追問我們這個個體的本質,到底是身為何物

 

and then accept a degrading level of conformity in virtually every facet of our lives?

 

然後又自甘墮落地接受生命的每個層面,實質上都是一樣的觀念?

 

以上都是書上寫的開頭前面

類似像導論

後面就開始寫書上我比較喜歡的句子

 

and why do we get so hung up on what we don't agree on,

    為什麼我們會把不認同的事擺在另一邊

    when in face it's our differences that make life interneting?

    事實上難道不是因為我們每個人的不同, 使生命變得有趣?

   

    afterall , half the world is upside down,

    畢竟, 有一半的世界是顛倒錯誤的

   so there's absolutely no reason why we would all agree on everything

   所以我們絕對沒有理由去認同每件事

 

 

we steadily build up defensive barriers around innermost feeling and beliefs

   不斷地在內心深處, 對別他人的情感和信賴上高築堡壘,

    so we can never be truly close anyone?

    所以無法真正地彼此靠在一起

 

perhaps the confusion arises because life in not always what it seems

   困惑的產生, 或許是因為生命跟它看起來的樣貌並非總是相同

 

we all have filters on, so we mostly see only what we want to see

   我們通常都會自動過濾, 只看到我們想看的

  when you finally open your eyes, you may be shocked at the obscured way

  you have been viewing the world to suit your own little plans

  當你終於張開眼, 也許會感到驚訝不已,因為長久以來,

  你都用含糊的態度去看這世界, 以便配合你自己的小計畫

  with those filters remover, you can take a closer looks into youself

 

  拿開過濾器, 你可以好好地近看你自己

  and ask objestions about the universe and your place in it.

  探問關於宇宙和你所處之地的種種客觀問題

  in other words, investigate the meaning of life

  換句話說, 就是發掘生命的意義

 

 so what ia life all about ? well , you aften hear that " life is a journey "

     到底什麼是生命? 嗯, 你常會聽到: " 生命是一個旅程 "

     but a journey to where, exactly?

     但更精確來說, 是往何處的旅程?

 

    there are those who say that life has no purpose ;

    有人說生命沒有什麼目的

    it just " is " whoa , that's just so " deep ! "

    它就" 在 " 哇! 真的就是那麼 " 深澳 " !

 

 the only thene that resonates throughout the numerous popilar life theories is love 

     唯一能引起大眾共鳴的生活主旨是愛

     love , in all its fragile forms, is the one powerful,

     愛, 是一股相當強大, 持久的力量 , 用所有脆弱的形式

     ending force that brings real meaning to our everyday lives

    把最真切的意義帶到我們的日常生活中

  

   of course, i'm not talking about romantic, " kissy - kissy " love,

   當然, 我說的可不是浪漫的" 親親 "

   although that is pretty powerful stuff in itself

   雖然它本身力量十足

 

   its well documented that broken heart feels far

   有足夠的證據顯示, 一顆破碎的心,

   more painful than squeezing lemon juice over a deepp paper cut

   遠比咬上一片檸檬還要更痛苦千百倍

 

   but the love i mean is the fire that burns inside us all,

   但我指的是在我們心中燃燒的愛

   the inner warmth that prevents our soul from freezing in the winters of despair.

   溫暖, 保護我們的靈魂不被冬天的絕望所凍傷

   its's the love of life itself

   這就是生命本身的愛

 

   it's the voice that says " celebrate life , be creative ! "

   它是那個說" 歡慶生命, 發揮創造力 " 的聲音

   it brings with is the passion and understanding that some things in life are worth dying for,

   它帶給我熱情, 並體會生命裡有些東西是值得我們去犧牲奉獻

   but there is so much more worth living for

   但更多東西值得我們活下去

 

   this love of life leads us to help others simply because it feels great to contribute to those around us

   對生命的愛讓我們單純地幫助他人, 能摁週遭的人貢獻一己之力, 讓我們感覺很棒

 

   " you're here to live the life you love " rings true

   "你過著自己所愛的生活" 一樣實在

 

specifically: why exactly are you here? 

     特別是: 你為何在此?

    what is it that you truly love?

    你真正愛的是什麼?

 

   they can't quite put it into words,

   無法確切地表達自己的想法,

   but thet sense that something just smells a little funny

   卻隱約感覺到某些東西似乎散發著些許地趣味

 

   the truth is that other we're so focused on what we are

   doing that we lose sight of where we afre going

   事實是我們老是專注在我們在正在做的事, 因而看不見前面的路

  

 

but of all awful feelings that make you feel sick to your stomache,

    但所有這些讓你胃痛的糟糕感覺

    nothing feels half as bad as knowing you had a chance to do what you trulylove,and you did't take it

    都沒有比你知道自己曾有基會去做真正喜歡做的事卻沒去爭取, 還要糟糕一半

so what is your life's passion?

    所以什麼才是你生命的熱情

 

    you most discover it for youself

    生命一定得靠你自己來發掘

 

the best way is spend some quality time alone, asking yourself the tough questions

    最好方法是花點時間獨處, 問問你自己這些棘手的問題

 

    it's also abolut to the essence is what reakky matters

    得去瞭解什麼才是生命中最重要的本質

    never mind who moved your cheese --ask yourself why you were looking for cheese in the first place

    不管是誰搬走你的乳酪-- 問你自己, 為何一開始要尋找這些乳酪

 

if you ask the big questions and listen carefully to you heart,

   如果你問這個大問題,記得仔細頃聽自己內心的聲音

   you will eventually hear destiny call you

   終會聽到命運呼喚你

 

   a little voice-- call it yours conscience , you inner self,

   有一個小小的聲音-- 可以稱它為你的良知, 你內在的自我,

   or your internal mother -in - law -- will always tell you the truth if you are prepared to hear it

   或是你體內的婆娑-- 永遠都會告訴你事實, 如果你有心理準備去聆聽

 

what you should be doing with you life , then do it!

   你在生活中應該做的是什麼, 有必要的話

    take a wild leap in the dark is you have to,

    大膽地在黑暗中跳越

    then hit the round running because you don't have a second to los

    著地以後馬上狂奔, 因為你沒有一分一秒可以浪費了

 

go after your dreams with energy and passion

   用精力和熱情去追求你的夢想

 

   if you waste yours sitting on the fence, you'll end up going nowwhere in the brief time you have left

   如果浪費生命呆坐在柵欄上, 你僅剩的短暫生命,終會一無所得

 

   it takes courage abd commitment to live your dreams

   得付出勇氣和承諾去為你的夢想而活

 

  we are all born with potential greatness and blessed with numerous opportunities to soar dizzying new heights

  我們生來就具有高度的潛力被賜與無數的機會, 去飛越燦爛的新高點

 

  it's so important that you just do your own thing -- whatever makes you truly happy-- and do it as best you can 

  最重要的是, 要做你自己想做的事-- 任何能夠讓你真正感到快樂的事--盡全力去做

  it does't matter whether your " thing "

  不管你做的" 事 "

 

the only things that matters is that you feel greast about what you're doing

    就是為你自己做的事感到高興

    so don't waste time kicking youself for the past

    所以不要浪費時間在責怪過去的自我

 

    you' ll always know the answer in te your heart

    你永遠都會知道自己心中的答案

 

   so it's important to understand that folling your own path is incredibly rewarding,

   所以重要的是, 了解跟著你自己的道路走絕對值得的,

   but it's definitely not easy

   但肯定不是條容易走的路

 

if you follow your dreams, at least you will exhaust youself doing what you love most

    如果你追尋你的夢想, 至少是你最愛的事讓你精疲力盡

 

    when you get the most out of your life, savoring every last drop

    達到生命中最棒的時刻, 盡情地享受每一滴

    it will transaform everything about from ordinary to extraordinary

    它會把你的每個部分, 從平凡轉化成非凡

 

    when you do what you love, every morning feeling excited about beginning another day

    做自己喜歡的事,為新的一天的開始, 感到興奮不已

    and you' ll be filled with a heartfelt joy that is highly contagious

    然後你會打從內心, 發出充滿具有高度傳染力的喜樂

 

    you will inspire someone else to go after their dreams

    會鼓舞他人追求他們的夢想

 

even if you make a big mistakes , if you're wrong about almost everything,

     即使你犯一堆大錯, 即使你幾乎每件事都做錯了

     you' ll still enjoy an amazing, fun- filled life adventure

     但你扔會享受一趟充滿驚奇與樂趣的生命之旅

 

you will go to sleep at night knowing you gave your all and made aa difference

    晚上入睡之時, 你會知道你給了自己一個全然不同的生命

    and wake up each looking forward to future that is as beautiful and exciting as you can imagine

    每天醒來時, 期待去面對未來, 因為那裡有你想像的美好與動人的事等著你

  

   you know something else? if you just listen to your heart and use your head,

   你還知道什麼嗎? 僅管去傾聽你的心和善用你的腦袋瓜,

   you' ll never be wrong

   一定不會錯的

 

 

yeah ~ 終於打完了

arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    cherry 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()